- A frog coming into the house is lucky – some say good luck, some say bad luck.
- Finding a frog outside is lucky.
- Touching a frog makes you infertile.
- Carrying the bones of a frog that has been ritually killed gives you magic abilities.
- Putting a frog tongue on a person while they sleep will make them reveal their secrets to you.
- Put a live frog in the patient’s mouth to cure thrush with the frog’s breath.
- Wear the body of a dried frog or powered frog livers around your neck in a silk bag to avoid epilepsy.
- Swallow live young frogs to cure weakness, consumption and cancer.
- Rub a live frog on warts and impale the frog on a tree to die to make warts go away.
- To cure whooping cough, eat frog soup.
- To treat eye problems a volunteer must lick a frog’s eyes and then the eyes of a patient.
Frogs as weather omens:
- A frog with shiny skin means fine weather is coming.
- Frog spawn being laid at the edge of ponds means a storm is brewing.
- A frog with dull skin is an omen of rain.
- Frogs croaking during the day means rain is coming.