According to the Christian calendar, Ascension Day represents the day Christ ascended to heaven and occurs on the Thursday following the fifth Sunday after Easter.
- Working on Ascension Day is bad luck and brings about accidents.
- Sun on Ascension Day foretells a long hot summer.
- Rain on Ascension Day means cattle will suffer disease and crops will fail.
- On Ascension Day clouds form the image of a lamb.
- Eggs laid on Ascension Day will never go bad.
- Eggs laid on Ascension Day and placed on the roof will bring good luck for the whole year.
- If you make a gift to the blind or poor you will be blessed with great wealth during the year.
- Biting into the bark of a peach tree at midnight on Ascension Day cures goiter.
- Rain collected on Ascension Day cures eye problems.