Dresses and Dress Making
- If you have a dress with rings for a figure in it, it is a sign you will be married before it is worn out. New York.
- If you have hearts in a figure in a dress or in a shawl, you will be married before it is worn out. New York.
- If you have a new dress and there are roses in it, the person who owns the dress will be married before the dress is worn out. Salem, Mass.
- Pins in the front of a dress waist are a sign that the wearer will be an old maid. New Hampshire.
- If, in making a dress, the thread kinks badly, the person for whom it is made will either die or get married before the dress is worn out. Alabama.
- If you have a dress tried on, and any pin catches in the underclothing, every pin means that it is a year before you will be married; hence dressmakers are especially careful to pin the dress in such a way that it will slip off easily. Boston, Mass.
You may also like...