- Bears breed only once in seven years and when they do they bring bad luck to all other breeding animals.
- Bears lick their newborn cubs into bear shape.
- Bears gain their sustenance by licking their paws.
- Bears teeth can be worn as charms against toothache.
- Sleeping on bearskin cures backache.
- Use bear fat to protect garden tools and vegetables from mildew or to ease aches and pains and cure baldness.
- Boiled bears’ fur wrapped around the feet cures fits.
- Eating a bear’s heart endows you with courage.
- If a child rides on a bear’s back he will never catch whooping cough.