It’s good luck to see a donkey.
When a pregnant woman sees a donkey, her child will grow up well behaved and wise.
It’s good luck to find a dead donkey. (?!)
A donkey that won’t stop braying and twitching it’s ears is an omen that rain is on the way.
- A child sitting on the back of a donkey that circles nine times will be cured of whooping cough.
- Hairs from a donkey’s back cure fits, convulsions, toothache, and teething trouble in babies.
- The right hoof of a donkey protects against epilepsy.
- Passing a patient under a donkey’s belly and over its back cures whooping cough and ague.
- Feeding a donkey the hairs from a patient cures the patient of scarlet fever.