- It’s bad luck for Baseball season to begin on a Friday.
- Fingers of a player’s glove must be left pointing to his team’s dugout when he goes to bat.
- It’s bad luck for a player to meet a member of the clergy on the way to the baseball ground.
- It’s bad luck to have a left handed pitcher on your team.
- It’s bad luck for the batting team if a dog walks across the playing field.
- It’s bad luck to lend your bat to a teammate.
- A split bat is bad luck.
- A bat left lying crosswise in front of a dugout is bad luck.
- It’s good luck to leave a piece of chewing gum stuck to the top of a bat.
- It’s good luck to spit on your hands before picking up a bat.
- If a player changes bats after two strikes they will be struck out.
- Player seeing a cross-eyed woman in the stands is bad luck.
- It’s good luck for a player to see a red-haired woman.