See also: Dresses and Dress Making
- If you drop a knitting-needle, you won’t be married during the present year.
- If you break many needles in a garment, it will be worn at a wedding.
- If you draw blood from a prick of the needle while making a garment, it is a sign you will be kissed the first time you wear it. Boston, Mass.
- Should needles break while sewing on a new garment, it is a sign that the owner will be married before it is worn out. New York.
- If you wear a piece of clothing while it’s being sewn, you need to chew on a piece of bread — otherwise, God will think you’re being sewn into your shroud and you will soon die.