- It’s bad luck to meet a barking dog early in the morning.
- It’s good luck to meet a Dalmation or a Greyhound with a white spot.
- Black poodles appear on the graves of clergymen who have broken their vows.
- It’s good luck for a strange dog to follow you home.
- When a strange dog enters your house it’s a symbol of a new friendship.
- In baseball, It’s bad luck for the batting team if a dog walks across the playing field.
- A dog running between a dating couple means they will fight and not marry.
- A dog running between a woman’s legs means her father or husband will punish her for something.
- It’s good luck for a black dog to follow you home.
- If you dream of a black dog, or to see an image of a black dog in a fire, means a friend is near.
- It’s bad luck if a black dog crosses in front of you.
- It’s good luck to see a white dog before noon.
- It’s good luck to see three white dogs together.
- Regarding business, if a black and white dog crosses your path while you are on your way to a meeting, you’ll have good luck in your dealings.
- If a dog retreats under a table or into a corner, bad weather is coming.
- Dogs eat grass and scratch for long periods of time when rain is coming.
- Melted dog fat alleviates rheumatism.
- Wearing a dried dog’s tongue aroudn the neck cures scrofula
- A dog’s lick can cure sores on skin.
- A dog howling at an open door for no reason.
- A dog howling outside at night.
- A dog howling once and then falling silent.
- A dog howling three times and then falling silent.
- A dog howling persistently in front of a house where someone lies ill.
- A dog digging a hole in your garden.
- A dog sleeping with it’s paws curled up and tail outstretched.